What comes to mind when you think of revamping your kitchen or bathroom? Do you think of space, comfort, light, colors, or a specific design? No matter how you envision your project, the crucial aspect of the process is letting the experts know your idea and what you are most excited about seeing in the end.
Here at Davis Kitchens, every blueprint and plan design makes our hearts beat faster from excitement. It’s an indescribable sensation when we see our experts work with our clients, brainstorm through their ideas, and see them come to life.
Our top priority is to make it a stress-free experience because we set a realistic timeline and work within your budget.
Even though the kitchen and bathroom design processes are slightly different, we’ll outline a simple checklist to help you understand our method.
- Ordering materials
Let’s look closely at each design process so you can clearly understand what to expect and help you start planning.
- We’d like to know your home, vibe, atmosphere, style, space, etc. Your design must follow all safety, technical, and creative standards; your home has its personality, and we must get acquainted.
- We document all possible aspects to reference what we’ll be working on clearly, taking notes on your ideas and discussing the aesthetic vision of your dream kitchen.
- We set a date for you to visit our showroom so you can see other kitchen styles and price points.
The Design Phase
Here’s where the magic begins. It might take a week and a few days to review a draft or meet at our showroom to review the kitchen design proposal and make changes accordingly. Next, we’ll provide samples of drawings, doors, countertops, and cabinets for you to choose from our top manufacturers and hardware suppliers. This phase may take some time, we might exchange a couple of calls and emails before moving on to the next step, but your satisfaction is our main priority.
The Material Phase
We order the necessary hardware, countertops, and cabinets that are needed.
Choosing top manufacturers guarantees your kitchen will have the most durable products. That’s why Davis Kitchens has partnered with some of the most reputable manufacturers in the US. We check everything to ensure all materials are complete and perfect after delivery.
The Installation Phase
It involves working directly with our installers to ensure everything is in place. There’s a running punch list of items to check before the process starts. Attention to detail and quality liability is crucial, especially before installation.
We check minor details regarding electrical outlets, water, and gas plumbing, while double checking the installation of all hardware items, leaving everything ready for you to evaluate.
It’s essential to think of functionality before beauty. Yes, you want a dream kitchen that takes your breath away but a kitchen that allows you to work faster, improves safety, find things quicker, store items, etc., is far more critical.
Traditional kitchens may have some cabinets that allow you to store appliances, utensils, and other items. However, the question in every designer’s mind is to figure out how to increase storage.
- Is there enough space for an island? Islands are an incredible addition for space’s sake but sometimes electrical, and plumbing aspects must change for them to be functional.
- Can more cabinets be installed in the upper or lower sections? Adding extra cabinets for storage can be counterproductive; sometimes, cabinet spaces can hold decorations.
- Can a magic corner be added? This is an intelligent way to utilize space with pullout shelves on tracks. You can use it to place large pots and pans, small appliances, and other bulky items.
The bathroom process follows the same steps as the kitchen design steps, but there are some vital differences. Your bathroom is a different area in your home, so there are a couple of features and specifications that you must consider.
Set Your Goals
Here are a few features that might help you have a clear vision:
- The style: installing new cabinetry and fixtures.
- Resale value: look at trends and talk to experts to understand what sells in your neighborhood
- Functionality and storage: improve lighting, use of space, adding a double vanity, etc.
- Aging-in-Place: improving bathroom safety for homeowners that choose to stay in their homes.
Research and Create a Budget
Understand the pros and cons of your current bathroom vs. the bathroom you wish to install.
Visit showrooms, look at different styles, and ask yourself if they will be easy to install or renovate.
Refine the Bathroom Design
Talk to your designer about finishes, fixtures, and materials inside your budget range. Allow your designer to provide sketches or drawings of your bathroom design before moving on to the next phase. They’ll guide you towards the best bathroom style that matches your home’s personality.
Order the Materials and Install
After you review and approve the sketches, you’re ready to give your designer the green light to start the construction; pick materials, fixtures, flooring, tile, countertops, lighting, and colors. Your designer will take care of all technical aspects and ensure you achieve your creative vision.
Now that we covered part of our process let’s highlight some of the manufacturers we work with and what they can do to transform your kitchen into a space of luxury and function.
Amerock’s award-winning hardware solutions have built the company’s reputation that inspires homeowners. They provide cabinet hardware, bath accessories, decorative hooks, and wall plates that coordinate with plumbing fixtures and other home décor elements, so you can easily create a seamless look across your home.
Silestone is the hybrid surface of premium minerals, quartz, and recycled materials that are more advanced and sustainable on the market, manufactured with exclusive and innovative technology—providing quality products for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Your kitchen will benefit from multiple countertops, sinks, flooring, and cladding possibilities.
- Silestone is a comprehensive solution for your bathroom: countertops, sinks, shower trays, flooring, and cladding.
They stock an unparalleled range of inventory. Commercial developers, designers, and architects look to them as a resource for technical information, while designers and builders entrust their clients. In addition, they offer tile, slab, and product installation services for your kitchen and bathroom.
Make Your Dream a Reality
Now it’s your time to make a choice and start your journey to your dream kitchen. Remember to plan carefully and that we’re always here to guide you.
We’ll write to you soon!